BJ's Wholesale Club, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager- Operations
at BJ's Wholesale Club, inc.
We will succeed by working as a Team, being a positive part of our Community, and always acting with Respect and Integrity with every interaction with our Members, our Team Members and our communities. BJ's Wholesale Club is the place to work if you want to learn, grow and excel in a team-oriented environment.
As BJ’s continues to grow, we seek our next generation General Managers. Our Assistant Managers have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our continued growth strategy, by being part of a winning team with a culture that embraces our Core Values. Proven, high potential assistant managers may be selected to participate in our General Manager Development Program, a project-based development program designed to prepare our assistant managers to take charge of their own Club management team. Since 2014, more than 30 have become general managers.
Our Assistant Managers of Operations have responsibilities across the building. Reporting to and providing direct support to our Club General Manager, you play an important role in the overall success of the Club. Supporting and coaching direct reports you ensure Club operations are running smoothly, providing our Members with service and value that is second to none.
Assistant Operations Managers are responsible for managing the operational areas of the club including receiving, front end operations, loss prevention, personnel, cash office and maintenance, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to shrink, monthly self audit, expense control, human resources, labor scheduling, payroll, cash control, and inventory control. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Ensuring the Club’s building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are properly maintained and in working order
• Managing the Club budget to achieve the Club’s Planned Profit
• Selecting, training, developing, assigning work, monitoring and evaluating performance of the management team and other Team Members as assigned
• Developing Team Members and Managers for internal growth
• Ensuring all fresh standards are achieved in sales, shrink and salvage
• Ensuring all safety, sanitation and Members First programs are in place
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• High school education required, college diploma preferred
• Knowledge of club operations, receiving, merchandise, loss prevention, maintenance, front end, personnel and cash office procedures in a high volume retail environment; perishable experience strongly preferred.
• 3 + years in a retail supervisory role in a high volume retail environment.