Carlisle Companies Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carlisle Companies Incorporated
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the accurate receiving, storing, and shipping of products to meet company standards of safety, productivity, and quality. This includes the operation of basic forklifts in the handling of products. Must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer needs.
- Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner, recording all necessary paperwork.
- Transport product to storage areas using proper equipment and efficiently stack and store product.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently while meeting productivity and quality expectations.
- Check product for accuracy in inventory, damage and complete paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
- Conduct operations and model behavior that promotes a safe environment. This would include looking in the direction of travel, driving at an appropriate speed, and appropriate use of the horn as examples.
- Sweep and clean area, including trailers, as needed.
- Abide by all company rules and policies in regards to conduct and safety.
- Utilize RF scanners and the Warehouse Management System
- High school diploma or GED required.
The type of experience required to effectively perform the essential functions and responsibilities of this position are:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous forklift experience, with certification being beneficial.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Good depth perception and eye sight.
- Intermittent lifting of weight up to 50 pounds, and some lifting, pushing or pulling of weight ranging up to 250 pounds.
- Ability to make decisions and complete tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Occasional weekend work and overtime may be required.