Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carter Lumber
A Carter Lumber Dispatcher is responsible for scheduling and coordinating all deliveries for customers and ensures products are delivered on time. Ensures trucks are being maintained and drivers logs are completed accordingly. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position.
Requirements to be Considered for the Position:
- Previous driving/dispatching experience
- Possess knowledge in DOT regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Responsibilities of the Position:
- Works closely with yard employees to ensure deliveries are built correctly and customers are serviced on time.
- Responsible for setting up and coordinating delivery dates with store locations and customers.
- Provides drivers with their assignment and ensures that on time deliveries are made.
- Handles all changes in delivery schedule and ensures that they are communicated to the customers.
- Utilizes delivery dispatch management system to consistently improve market’s delivery efficiencies.
Delivery Equipment & Record Keeping:
- Ensures delivery equipment is safe and maintained according to applicable DOT regulations and company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensures driver’s log and other records are being completed and maintained according to DOT regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Captures data from delivery logs to ensure routing was done efficiently.
Knowledge and Training:
- Identifies personal growth needs and learning opportunities.
- Completes required orientation and safety training.
- Commits to continued learning on products, packages, procedures and more.
- Encourages and oversees employee career development.
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan