Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Dade Moeller & Associates
- Job ID
- # of Openings
NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of professional and technical engineering and consulting solutions to public and private sector clients in the infrastructure, energy, construction, program management and environmental markets. NV5 is an ENR Top 500 firm; we offer a full range of professional services in offices throughout the U.S.
The Electrical Designer will work with more senior staff members in the development of plans and specifications on a number of concurrent design projects. They will apply engineering theories and concepts learned in college to design projects.
- Performs entry level professional engineering tasks in own discipline under the supervision of more senior staff members in order to develop design documents.
- May obtain field data by conducting field visits to project sites both in state and out of state. Documents existing conditions. May require overnight travel.
- Solves standard engineering problems.
- May communicate with clients or architects to resolve issues with engineering designs.
- Obtains knowledge of building codes and stays current with building code changes.
- Performs equipment takeoffs for cost estimating purposes.
- Within his or her technical engineering specialty, is able to design and layout routine lighting, power, fire alarm, and telecommunications portions of a project using AutoCAD MEP, Revit, or other means.
- Works with more senior engineers to determine the most appropriate concept for the engineering system being design or re-designed.
- May take other engineers’ rough plan mark-ups and creates final design documents.
- Perform engineering calculations as well as operate various software packages related to various portions of the design package as directed by more senior staff members.
- Using knowledge of the kinds of projects the firm designs, is able to specify portions of the engineering system from catalogs or other resources. This typically involves the application of special knowledge to design effective engineering solutions.
- Performs CAD functions proficiently in discipline and will use AutoCAD MEP or Revit software to transfer design concepts to a format acceptable to the client, architect, and/or construction company.
- Follows and accepts work rules and procedures.
- Accepts direction and supervision.
- Must have a four-year college degree in engineering with some cooperative educational experience or have a minimum of five years of on-the-job experience in the consulting engineering field including design and development of electrical engineering plans and specifications.
- Must have an understanding of the engineering principles in the discipline he/she is designing.
- Must be proficient in the operation of a computer and AutoCAD and Revit.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work at a computer station for several hours per day, and operate keyboard and mouse. Must be able to physically navigate various job sites including mechanical rooms, rooftops, commercial and institutional buildings. Must be able to walk substantial distances including climbing ladders and stairs.
NV5 offers a complete and competitive benefits package.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.