Electric Power Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Plant Support
at Electric Power Research Institute, inc.
Senior Administrative Assistant – Plant Support
Provide senior level administrative support to the Plant Support department as well as for the programs within the department including Long Term Operations, Flexible Power Operations, Nondestructive Evaluation, and Welding Repair Technology Center. The successful candidate will be a partner with Plant Support Director and team to coordinate administrative activities and will collaborate with Administrative Assistants with the Nuclear Sector and across EPRI. Performs a variety of administrative support to assist staff members with complex details and advanced administrative duties. Executes special or continuous research-type work and data analysis tasks. Analyzes problems, determines approach, completes and analyzes available data and makes recommendations. Coordinates high level activities between divisions/departments and external contacts, including members. Works with internal EPRI personnel at all organizational levels to gather and deliver critical information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide dedicated support to Director, Plant Support and support department team as needed.
• Assist with calendar. Coordinate calendars to manage priorities and avoid conflicts.
• Schedule, coordinate, and assist in executing meetings and webcasts.
• Track and follow up on various action items to ensure schedule and due dates are met.
• Develop and maintain file systems.
• Maintain department and program calendars, Box sites, SharePoint sites, and EPRI Program Cockpits.
• Develop and maintain the database of important contacts.
• Provide system applications support (e.g. SAP, Cvent) and process support (e.g. Project Status Updates).
• Provide administrative support including word processing, slides and presentations and production of reports.
• In R&D groups, assists in writing, editing and authenticating technical and promotional materials including application papers, product descriptions, data sheets, specification books, conference presentations and brochures and partners with publishing or print services on final product.
• Order office supplies.
• Assist in the creation/implementation of processes to support the organization and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Require High School diploma.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience as a secretary/administrative assistant.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet short deadlines, while supporting multiple staff.
• Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Strong cooperative teaming attitude is a must.
• Must be able to work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint and other specialized programs used by EPRI. Working proficiency with Cvent, SAP and other specialized business applications is a plus. Internet-savvy to navigate internet in searching for timely and relevant information as necessary.
• Internet-savvy to navigate Internet in searching to timely and relevant information as necessary.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S. visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer.
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.