Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Consultant - Transportation
at Environmental Systems Research Institute, inc.
- Job Category
- Professional Services and Consulting
- Job ID
Are you up to the challenge of being in a highly visible role, where you’ll function as both a technical expert and a strategic business consultant supporting transportation agencies throughout the United States and abroad?
Utilize your strong GIS technical know-how and transportation domain expertise to support both new customers and seasoned users in developing best practices for implementing Esri's enterprise platform to realize their vision and drive toward their goals. In this position, you will become a customer's trusted advisor while also interfacing with Esri staff and technology partners.
- Be a thought leader: Advise customers regarding innovative solutions using Esri technology and content to help them make better decisions. Recommend relevant strategies, architectures, and solutions and work with customers to prepare implementation and migration strategies.
- Understand our customers and know their business: Help foster a sense of community among industry and public and private sector leaders in transportation including operations, asset management, linear referencing, safety, maintenance, traffic, and planning. Be familiar with the overall mission and operations of transportation agencies including knowledge of common goals and initiatives, procurement cycles, and business processes.
- Engage with our customers: Discover the value of location within customer workflows and drive substantial return on their investment in Esri's enterprise platform and services by creating outstanding proposals and winning work with strategic customers. Regularly engage, collaborate, and facilitate with transportation customers and external teams and stakeholders such as federal, state, and local transportation partners and emergency management agencies.
- Develop and grow business: Provide business development support toward technology and implementation patterns with new and existing customers. Collaborate with Esri’s practice managers and marketing and sales teams to develop new business and be part of actively shaping the future of transportation through your work on cutting-edge projects and technology trends including real-time GIS, big data analytics, machine learning, geoanalytics, open data.
- Effectively manage complex technology projects and programs: Use your consulting and project management skills to lead virtual teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment. Manage scope, schedule, and budget to provide our customers and strategic partners with meaningful solutions.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online) for transportation organizations
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Demonstrable ability to evaluate and translate a customer’s business goals, objectives, and strategies into technical plans and solutions
- Be creative, self-motivated, a proactive problem solver, and team-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal, written/verbal communication, multi-tasking, and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn--you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Bachelor’s in geography, computer science, transportation planning or engineering, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of and experience with software engineering and/or robust application development principles and practices
- Experience with ArcGIS, location-based services, geoenabled apps, spatial analytics, or similar geospatial technology
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud computing architecture
- Background in highways, operations, airports/aviation, ports/maritime, rail, and public transit
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.