Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Legal / Compliance
As part of the GMF-IO Legal Staff, the Treasury Attorney is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of high quality legal advice to GMF’s International Treasury operations and to the oversight of treasury deals and other related legal transactions and projects, providing high quality legal advisory services and ensuring legal compliance with applicable laws and regulations aligned with corporate guidelines and policies.
- Advise Treasury operations on applicable regulatory and compliance issues, and participate in relevant business decisions to identify and mitigate legal risks.
- Support Treasury function in execution of secured and unsecured, public and private treasury deals and setting out legal strategies and policies.
- Select, manage and supervise external counsel when needed to support internal advisory needs.
- Strategic drafting and/or review of communications with regulators and review internal policies.
- Assisting with the structure, documentation and legal advice related to treasury and capital market products.
- Manage legal costs within established budgets.
- Work with other internal legal counsel to understand local financing products and regulatory environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience in treasury funding transactions, such as bank credit lines, bond issuances, swaps/derivatives in structured finance deals.
- Knowledge of laws related to collateral security interests.
- Aptitude for managing legal issues/projects and reporting accountabilities with
- peers in other countries.
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with a law firm or multinational corporation working on sophisticated financing transactions. Word and Excel.
- English language fluency; Spanish or Portuguese fluency helpful.
- Licensed member in good standing of the bar of a State, the D.C., or relevant foreign jurisdiction.
- Effective team leadership skills.
Please note that some countries have additional requirements (i.e. mobility requirements, language specifications, legal/migratory specifications, etc.) that might not be listed above. If you are applying internally and want to know more about these requirements please contact TalentAcquisition.SupportIO@gmfinancial.com before submitting your application.