Gresham Smith and Partners
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Electrical Engineer - Industrial Market
at Gresham Smith and Partners
Nashville, TN US (Primary)
Our agile industrial team specializes in designing efficient facilities that optimize our clients bottom line.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate electrical engineering work. Prepare engineering reports, plans and specifications for a variety of projects. Design and produce engineering drawings using REVIT, PowerTools and VISUAL lighting software. Check and revise engineering drawings.
- Prepare and review plans and technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates. Participate in contract bidding and administration.
- Support and observe the design and ongoing progress of a project. Communicate and interact with project team members, client representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to project.
- Collaborate in solving a variety of complex engineering problems (e.g., conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 6 years' of electrical design experience serving manufacturing and industrial clients; Prefer 10+ years experience serving industrial clients
- P.E. license is required
- Working knowledge of REVIT, PowerTools, and VISUAL lighting software is required.
- Knowledge of large power transformers, power generation, transmission, operation and maintenance of power system distribution systems (110vac to 138kvac), harmonic analysis, cable and buss capacity analysis, and load flow analysis is required.
- Strong working knowledge of national safety electrical codes and standards
- Strong client skills is a must; position will have direct client contact
- LEED accreditation is preferred
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH’S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.