Core & Main
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Core & Main
- Job ID
- Job Post Category
- Remote Position?
- Position Type
About Core & Main
Core & Main (www.coreandmain.com) is one of North America’s largest distributors of water, sewer, storm, fusible piping and fire protection infrastructure products that serves the needs of both contractors and municipalities in all aspects of the water, wastewater, clean water, landfill, energy, and fire protection industries. Core & Main operates more than 246 branches serving North America, the Caribbean and international markets. The company provides localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success.
Job Description & Qualifications
Contribute to the manufacturing of Fire Protection pipe fabrication to NFPA standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Hand welds various fittings to different sizes of pipes and welding joints.
- Interprets application job sheets and various sizes of welding fittings.
- Analyzes all welds to ensure they are free of porosity and discontinuities.
- Ensures all welds are visibly stamped or identified with markings to designate that welds were performed by a certified welder.
- Sorts piping per job and sorts line numbers per fabrication job.
- Reviews the order ticket and determines the work to be performed meets the customer's specifications.
- Verifies the final product meets quality control standards.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior co-worker and/or supervisor.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting and maneuvering material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age
- Must pass the Drug Test
- Must pass the Background Check
- Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED required. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Certified pressure pipe welder.