Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Technician II
Jacobs Telecommunication hasbeen at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communicationinfrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development –complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us as the #1 Design Firm2018 in Engineering News-Record. While the wireless world is ever changing, thedemand for innovative technology and long-term support services remainsconstant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, tofull operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
- Assist Crew Lead to ensure quality service to clients.
- Must maintain and enforce the Jacobs Beyond Zero safety program, ensure daily jobsite safety plans are reviewed and followed. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Installation/De-installation of transmission lines, connectors, antenna and accessories.
- Work effectively both individually and with other crew members.
- Handle transportation of equipment.
- Travel up to 100%
- Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
- Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a tower climber required
- Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required
- Ability to crouch, kneel, twist, reach, grasp and climb with both hands and legs required
- Willingness to work in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time required
- Capable of being entrusted with company assets and confidential information required
- Demonstrate knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines and practical use of these guidelines as well as all other applicable safety laws and policies.
- Basic troubleshooting experience preferred
- Technical knowledge of wireless telecommunications products preferred
- Willingness to take on and learn new tasks, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding environment.
- Experience in tower-rigging preferred
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturday, Sundays and evening hours.
- Associates or Technical School preferred
- Military communications, electronics troubleshooting, fiber optics or other related construction experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of Anritsu and/or PIM testing preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
- Fiber, Commscope connectors and/or equivalent Certification preferred.
Essential Functions: Intermittent sitting,walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and liftingup to 65 pounds. Hand manipulation is required for grasping, pushing andpulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Need to reachand/or work above the shoulder, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must bealert to equipment in the field, there will be travel, will work nearconstruction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work nearhazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground,exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature orhumidity, and work at heights.
At Jacobs, we helpprepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at everylevel, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets andoffices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow,and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safetyinitiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishingcareer here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.