Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Joerns Healthcare
- FTR Full-Time Regular
- Job ID
- 2430 Whitehall Park Dr. #100
- Postal Code
The Dispatcher is responsible for utilizing Joerns systems to coordinate on time delivery of customer ordered products of all types, upholding the committed delivery time to the customer.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Dispatch accurate and appropriate information to Field Service Technician (FST) using a computer based dispatch system and/or via phone
- Determine priority and location of all activities; assign respective FST to achieve maximum productivity
- Knowledge of geographical challenges in each territory and calculating driving distance vs. calculating drive time
- Communicate any customer issues with the respective Customer Service Representative
- Communicate all FST’s late deliveries (ETA’s) to Customer service via email
- Monitor and update wallboards by making adjustments that can prevent a late delivery
- Review online FST schedule prior to routing any stops
- Utilize service desk and compare with excel schedule to verify tech availability and to confirm routes have been downloaded
- Report unusual occurrences regarding patients, property or service to Customer Service Supervisor
- Communicate and work with inventory on any inventory issues
- Escalate FST challenges through proper channels
- Monitor GPS to make sure the techs are moving and in route to complete stops
- Answer dispatch phones according to service level and incoming call volume
High school diploma or equivalent
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of telephone communication equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of specialty support surfaces
- Ability to assess potential problems and have excellent problem solving skills
- Speak clearly, distinctly and concisely in a professional manner
- Communicate with people of diverse social and cultural backgrounds
- Write in a legible, grammatically correct and accurate manner
- Learn, retain and utilize the full capabilities of the computer based dispatch system and other dispatch equipment quickly and effectively
- Operate computer keyboards
- Read maps and give directions
- Keep detailed records
- Must have dispatch experience
Preferred Skills, Experience & Education
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to react calmly and effectively while under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and enjoy fast paced environment
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time – up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Good appearance at all times that represents the company image.
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Fast paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activities.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends.
Joerns Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment; negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patient handling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
At Joerns Healthcare, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. In addition, the company offers a 401K program with a company match, and Flexible Spending Accounts. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.