MasTec Network Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tower Technician II
at MasTec Network Solutions
If you are looking for a career in a rapidly expanding, growth oriented industry. MasTec Network Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for you! We are a telecommunications services company that offers wireless network operators a variety of services such as Equipment Installation and Commissioning, Microwave Engineering, Civil Construction, Maintenance, and EF& I Services. We also provide structured, in-class and field training services to people interested in a career as a Tower Technician. As a Technician you will assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications tower and support structures. Being a Tower Technician is not for the faint at heart but with MasTec Network Solutions it can be an exciting and challenging career opportunity. Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions. At MasTec Network Solutions we recognize our success depends on our exceptional technicians they work hard so opportunities and incentive programs are in place that recognizes top performers for a job well done. If you truly have what it takes to be a great Tower Technician, this is the place to build your career! We are a reputable company that rewards your hard work. We also offer competitive compensation, benefits, and advancement opportunities.
As a Tower Technician II, your responsibilities will include:
- Climbing and working on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knowing the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzing situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
- Communicating orally and in writing.
- Following instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action.
- Recognizing safety hazards and performing duties in a safe manner.
- Work under close supervision.
- Ability to traveling extensively throughout the assigned territory
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years of industry experience.
- Successfully completed the MNS Tower Technician Training Program.
- Applicant/Employee weight and tools combined may not exceed 280-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Applicant/Employee waist circumference must not exceed 60 inches measured at the navel as specified by the manufacturer of safety equipment.
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Possession of a valid driver license.