Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Litigation Paralegal
at McGuireWoods LLP
- Pos. Type
- Regular Full-Time
McGuireWoods LLP is looking for an experienced Litigation Paralegal for the Complex Commercial Litigation group in our Charlotte, NC office. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in commercial litigation (preferably involving mortgage-related disputes), including performing legal research, organizing documents and assisting in document production, assisting with and preparing basic pleadings, assisting and responding to discovery request and production of documents, court filings (federal and state) along with preparing for trial.
McGuireWoods LLP is a major U.S. law firm with offices in the United States and Europe. Tracing the firm's roots back to 1834, McGuireWoods has a long history of growth through mergers with predecessor firms in existing markets, as well as client-centered expansion into new markets. Working with clients to develop these strategies, the firm has kept pace with its clients changing needs -- and helping them meet their goals. This has been the firm's philosophy for more than 175 years, and it continues to direct endeavors as the firm looks toward the future. For more information, please visit www.mcguirewoods.com.
- Conducts research using LEXIS, Westlaw or other relevant research platforms to support the needs of the client
- Performs basic factual research and investigation related to client matters and other due diligence as appropriate
- Collects, organizes and maintains documents and files related to legal matters, including documents received from the client, opposing parties or other sources
- Manages calendars, docket and tickler systems, and assists in meeting deadlines
- Drafts basic pleadings, assisting and responding to discovery request and production of documents, court filings (federal and state) along with preparing for trial
- Proofreads legal documents
- Requires a minimum of three years of work experience as a litigation paralegal, with a preference for financial services/mortgage litigation
- Must have experience with major case load/high volume of cases and strong organization skills with case files
- Experience with iManage or Worksite preferred
Have more questions? Connect with a recruiter directly.