Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mortgage Loan Processor
at NFM Lending
At NFM Lending our culture encourages employees to achieve excellence through promoting out-of-the-box thinking and rewarding performance and dedication. We are focused on developing our employees’ professional and personal growth. Come and be a part of our future! Our CEO, David Silverman, welcomes you (click here to watch a video). Click here to find out more about who we are and our history.
The Processing Department performs all processing and pre-closing tasks required to produce a loan in compliance with company standards from point of application to sale of a loan. The Processing Department verifies accuracy of documentation received, assists in clearing underwriting and post closing conditions. Order required documentation to prepare the loan for submission to the Underwriting and Closing Departments. The Processing Department is the primary liaison for Sales and Closing to help facilitate a loan closing request.
The Processor is responsible for obtaining and preparing loan documents, credit documents, appraisals, etc., to complete loan files. This position will maintain and update records and files for processing of each loan, verify files for accuracy and completeness, and perform data entries. The Processor will also package loan files after closing, and posts payments. This position may prepare credit reports and/or purchase contracts.
Top 3 Must Haves to be a Processor:
1. Communication Skills both phone and email
2. Computer Skills
3. Knowledge of FHA, Conventional, VA, USDA
Top 3 Responsibilities:
1. Carry Pipeline 25-30 loans
2. Review new files within 24-48 hours
3. Close every loan on Time
Essential Job Functions:
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Order all verifications, appraisals, title work, FHA Case Numbers.
• Act as trouble-shooter for problem loans, interacting between LO, client, and lender.
• Logging new loans.
• Reviewing 1003 for accuracy.
• Preparing stipulation file/requirements and reviewing with Originator.
• Follow up to ensure Statement of Credit Denial letters issued.
• Prepare and distribute aging reports to Originators.
• Pre-underwrite all loans to ensure proper supporting documentation.
• Coordinate and distribute lender and underwriting changes.
• Request routine additional documentation from loan customer.
• Collect, submit and clear ALL underwriting and ALL funding conditions.
• Coordinate closing date and location between Originator, Lender, and closing agent.
• Review HUD prior to closing.
• Identify and follow through on solutions for problems or potential problems with staff, cleanliness of office, orders, flow of customers and visitors, as well as problems with computers and software.
• Ensure proper timelines and follow up procedures are adhered to with loans in Prospect list and Pipeline list.
• Verify confidentiality is secure by keeping drawers and sensitive information in locked drawers/cabinets.
• All changes in lenders and programs by lenders must be approved by VP of Operations prior to changes.
• Additional tasks as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
High School Diploma and work experience plus two (2) or more years of mortgage experience
Minimum of one year directly related work experience required 2-5 year(s) as Mortgage Loan Processor in conventional and/or government lending experience preferred
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
A thorough knowledge of conventional and government mortgage processing is required at this level in order to handle more complicated loan packages
This job will require a criminal background check.
Equipment to Be Used: Computer, telephone, fax, scanner, printer, and smart phone.
This position may require occasional overtime and travel.
Additional Working Conditions Information:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is often required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate computers, objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We thank all individuals for their interest in NFM Lending however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.