PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Guest Advisor LOD
at PETCO Animal Supplies, Inc.
If you're both an animallover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a greatfit. We're looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets andtheir parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you'llbe part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing workyou truly love
Provide guests with exceptional customer service by being the subject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animal care and wellness. The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder' and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Act as a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Be knowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Express passion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
- Be familiar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Politely and professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. The large majority of this associate's time will be spent in direct contact with our customers.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is generally preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in providing the public information in the animal nutrition, care/wellness/treatment knowledge areas is required.
- A minimum of one year in a retail environment is highly preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet.
- Must be proficient in the use of the PETCO PetNet and have the ability to access product information using the POLARIS system.
- Must be certified on all 4 Companion Animal Departments.
- Must be Nutrition certified.
- Must be PIJAC certified (California only).
- Have thorough understanding of all aspects of Pet Services to include:
- Knowledge of the grooming salon program certification (PETCO Promise, Pet Stylist Mentor Program, Canine Heritage Breed Test, Pet First Aid.)
- Familiarity with the dog training class offerings and the store's dog training schedule.
- Familiarity with the store's photography and vaccination schedule.
- Previous PETCO experience preferred.