Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Operation Christmas Child Processing Center Associates - Charlotte, NC
at Samaritan's Purse
WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING! - JOIN US!
Serve with Samaritan’s Purse as an Operation Christmas Child seasonal employee and you will work side-by-side with thousands of volunteers to help bring Jesus’ love to children around the world. When you work in one of our processing centers, you help facilitate the processing and preparing of millions of shoeboxes for distribution to children in need. You are acting as the hands and feet of Jesus Christ to bring joy to children, families, and communities. Operation Christmas Child has seasonal job opportunities for qualified, dependable and committed individuals who have the desire to be part of this meaningful ministry. You, or someone you know, may be an ideal candidate to serve in seasonal associate positions at the Charlotte Shoebox Processing Center. This will require a commitment to work the duration of the processing season, from mid-November until the project is complete (generally around mid-December).
Positions are temporary, full-time (40+ hours per week including Saturday’s), with both first and second shift available. Requirements include clean background along with professional and church references. Position available include:
* Data Entry Keyers - (alpha numeric and 10 Key) - Responsible for the keying of information from a scanned image on a computer screen. Must possess excellent keying skills with a high level of accuracy.
* Cash Processors - Cash handling experience required. Responsible for preparation of cash donations for processing.
* Mail Processors - Responsible for the sorting of incoming donor correspondence.
* Team Coaches - Candidates with supervisory, team or volunteer leadership experience are needed to lead teams in warehouse, shoebox processing, mail and data entry operations.
* Forklift Operators - Must have Forklift certification and experience on sit-down forklifts.
* Dock & Warehouse Workers - Unloading and Loading large boxes containing shoebox gifts. Heavy lifters must be able to lift at least 60 lbs.
Applications will begin to be reviewed in August. We will begin screening candidates in September. You may apply in-person at the Charlotte Processing Center as of September 24, 2018.
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)