Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP, Marketing & ECE Models (L10)
The AVP, Marketing & ECE Models will develop predictive models for use in Marketing campaigns to drive incremental accounts and sales, perform ad hoc analyses to promote usage of models, and assist model owners adhere to Synchrony model risk management standards by performing periodic model validations and generating model documents.
- Develop predictive models and segmentation tools using Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, GAM, Clustering, CART and Decision Trees, ARIMA, and Machine Learning techniques among others
- Score/back test predictive models to enable portfolio teams to optimize campaign targeting strategy
- Prepare and maintain precise documentation for existing and new models in collaboration with model owners (e.g. model design document, model documentation etc.)
- Work with model owners, developers and users to generate ongoing monitoring reports as required by model risk management schedule
- Assist in supporting model audit requests
- Perform ad hoc analysis as required
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree OR in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma at 7+ years of experience building modifying, and utilizing statistical models in retail or financial services analytics or management consulting for a consumer business
- 3+ years of progressive work experience, including:
- 2+ years of predictive modeling in Marketing, Risk, Collections, or related function.
- 1+ year of experience using statistical software, analytical software and predictive modeling statistical analysis and database tools (i.e. R, Python, SAS, SQL, and/or Modelbuilder).
- Advanced degree preferred
- Model development experience in retail or financial services arena
- Experience with open source tools, like Python and R
- Strong project management, communications, relationship management and influence skills
- Proven ability to simultaneously & successfully manage multiple projects
- Attention to detail and ability to prepare technical documentation
- Understanding of US credit card or retail industries
- Proven ability in delivering and reviewing business results with clients and peers
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 60,000.00 - 130,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.