Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Acquisitions Capabilities
The VP of Acquisition Capabilities is a key player in the management and expansion of our ability to evolve the way we acquire new cardmembers. Working closely with cross functional and client teams across the Retail Card, Payment Solutions and CareCredit platforms, this person will be responsible for the product leadership of our Prescreen and Quickscreen channels, including wing to wing oversight, client marketing engagement and product management rigor. This role requires a detail oriented, highly collaborative marketing products leader that will become the Prescreen and Quickscreen expert, possessing the ability to drive strategic acquisition initiatives.
- Assist in the overall product management roadmap of the capabilities, including proactively understanding the business and client team needs, while monitoring customer trends and competitive insights
- Lead strategic initiatives from ideation to implementation which may include: new channel launch/development, offer strategy, platform development, process redesign, etc.
- Be the product expert of the Prescreen and Quickscreen capabilities
- Proactively identify opportunities for improving capabilities and processes, including ways in which to make the channels more efficient and grow acquisitions
- Support the communication strategy of the channel, including ensuring clear and consistent communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Wing to wing and surveillance oversight of the Prescreen and Quickscreen capabilities, including understanding and managing the compliance and quality requirements, ensuring campaign adherence and supporting risk assessments and records management
- Facilitate resolution of any issues that emerge, proactively working with cross functional and client marketing teams
- Support client marketing teams, including onboarding, assisting with training and best practice sharing
- Create/maintain/distribute channel level reporting, including client programs within each channel, providing insight on performance and proactively offering solutions for improvement
- Create / update / maintain channel documentation such as process maps and manuals
- Track and maintain the budget, including invoicing
- Perform special duties and other assignments as required
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of professional experience in the financial service industry or, in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma/GED and 12 years of professional work experience in the financial services field
- 2+ years of acquisitions marketing experience focusing on prescreen campaigns
- Experience with omni-channel acquisition strategy (i.e. mail, email, digital)
- Experience driving technical projects within IT/Agile framework
- Ability to travel (~20%)
- Outstanding communications, relationship building, influencing and collaboration skills, within a highly matrixed organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate situations using multiple sources of information.
- Demonstrated project management skills,proven ability to work independently, while collaborating with key stakeholders in different locations
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.