Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, SRG Marketing Analytics
This VP, SRG Analytics role will lead and mentor a team of client analytics leaders who provide analytics support for the Specialty Retail Group organization. SRG includes multiple clients from a diverse set of industries. A key focus will be driving profitable growth of portfolios through innovative analytic solutions that leverage both internal and partner data.
- Provide strategic direction and analytics thought leadership for the portfolios under the role
- Partner with other functional leaders to drive strategic imperatives for SRG
- Build a pervasive analytics and test and learn culture for clients within the SRG portfolio
- Promote a culture that provides favorable customer experiences using big data and a customer 360 view
- Design and implement new analytic solutions that leverage partner data and other external data sources
- Work with the client partners to drive both credit and partner KPI’s
- Work with the functional analytics team to drive the best campaign and MIS processes
- Partner with central analytics teams to drive best practices and analysis across SRG
- Identify and apply segmentation strategies and models to drive greater marketing and portfolio performance.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of analytics professionals
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, OR in lieu of degree, high school diploma and 11+ years of work experience establishing and managing marketing analytics in the financial services, retail industry, credit card and/or payments industry
- A minimum of 8+ years of progressive work experience including:
- 5+ years of leadership/managerial experience within the financial services or credit card payments or retail industry
- 3+ years using statistical analysis tools
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% of the time
- 5+ years of project management skills and experience
- 2+ years leading large-scale analytics projects
- 2+ years of client facing experience
- Credit card marketing/analytics experience
- Proven hands-on experience utilizing SAS or SQL data mining skills. Experience with R and/or Python.
- Strong understanding of targeting and segmentation, retail analytic tools and advanced skills using Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred
- Digital marketing analytics experience
- Experience using open source software tools in a CRM setting
- Demonstrated success leading a team with proven track record of delivering results
- Ability to develop executable strategies, build and lead teams, articulate a clear vision, and deliver results
- Strong marketing, creative and analytical skills
- Ability to influence senior corporate decision makers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to innovate and find creative solutions to meeting business goals
- Proven ability to work independently yet as key member and contributor to a broader team
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 100,000.00 - 200,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:Marketing
With roots in consumer finance that trace back to 1932, Synchrony Financial is a leader in consumer credit and promotional financing, providing a range of products for a diverse group of national and regional retailers; including Main Street mainstays, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. We are the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables and we provide co-branded dual card credit cards, promotional financing and installment lending, loyalty programs and FDIC-insured savings products through Synchrony Bank. Who do we serve? Hundreds of thousands of customers across the U.S. and Canada spanning the electronics and appliances, home furnishings, automotive, power products and sports, jewelry and luxury, retail and healthcare industries.
Our purpose is clear: we are committed to pioneering the future of financing, improving the success of every business we serve and the quality of each life we touch. This is fitting because when you join Synchrony Financial, you’re joining an organization that recognizes that our people are our greatest asset -every single one of them. That’s why we are deeply committed to investing in the growth of each member of our team. And with 80 years of experience, we know how to develop talent. At Synchrony Financial, we work hard to offer competitive rewards, compensation and benefits. When you join us, you become part of a stimulating work environment with vast opportunities to sharpen your skills and embrace new leadership challenges.