|Fiber Construction Supervisor/Manager - Charlotte, NC|
We are currently recruiting for a team of Construction Supervisors/Managers (Back-haul, fiber, OSP) that will be local to the Charlotte, NC area.
The ideal candidates will have a background working in the telecommunications industry managing back-haul, fiber, microwave or other large scale telecom deployment projects. The team will be responsible for projects including activities related to above and below-ground fiber installation, hub construction, node construction and related utility make-ready. Any small cell experience is a definite plus. Construction Managers will be called upon to represent our client as the expert on construction issues relating to construction/modification of towers and collocation or DAS and small cell projects, as well as additional vendor selection, on-site management, coordination of subcontractors, OEM installers and customer representatives.
- Managing assigned telecom projects including scheduling, reporting, customer facing and vendor management.
- Lead deployment meetings and work with cross functional teams that could include site acquisition and construction.
- Maintain project documentation and reporting.
- Manage the project schedule to ensure the project milestones and deadlines are met.
- **In order to be considered you must have previous Fiber/OSP/back-haul construction management experience.
- Familiarity with Rules for Overhead Electric Line Construction or Public Right of Way experience preferred.
- Attend deployment and other customer meetings as subject matter expert for the client.
- Develop customer relationships that may result in influencing customers to award service work to the client.
- Make regular trips to sites during construction including: bid walk, pre-con walk, in progress site visits, punch walks and construction closeout. Provide direction to general contractors when doing ground work.
- Understand prevailing rates for all construction work and ensure the client is receiving competitive rates for quality work.
- Responsible to negotiate costs within scope of project, hold Vendor accountable to ensure budget is maintained; ensure District and/or Program and Project Managers and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost.
- Responsible to problem solve issues that may occur onsite and make recommendations based on priority and need to ensure the project and budget are maintained.
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with the client's construction standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents are distributed in a timely manner and are in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Act as safety observer and Quality Assurance representative while at the site ensuring compliance with the client's safety program and related workmanship practices.