WellSpan Health Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at WellSpan Health Services
WellSpan Health Corporate Case management is seeking a physician with inpatient experience to provide Physician Advisor services. This individual would serve as an intermediary between providers and payers.
About the Opportunity
- Reports to: Medical Director, Population Health Services
- Full-time position: Individual will provide direct clinical supervision of case management activities performed by the WellSpan Case Management staff
- Looks for opportunities to improve transitions of care from acute care to Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Renders utilization management determination in accordance with State and Federal regulations and coordinates resolution between the treating physician and health plan medical management services.
- Facilitates WellSpan’s partnership with health plan and payers medical management leadership for optimum population management
- Provides leadership support for Population Health Strategies including ACO development, WellSpan Provider Network operations, Medical Home/ Neighborhood development and the Bridges to Health programs at the request of the Medical Director.
- Provides Physician Advisor (PA) services for hospital related Case Management activities
- Provides Physician Advisor support to Ephrata, York, and Gettysburg Hospitals and the WellSpan Surgery and Rehabilitation Hospital
- M.D., D.O.
- 5 or more years of clinical experience in hospital medicine
- PA medical License
- Board Certified
- Ability to work effectively with leadership, physicians and other healthcare providers, multidisciplinary teams, and across department lines
For immediate confidential consideration or to learn more please respond to:
Josh Irwin in Physician Recruitment at 717-851-6924
Or e-mail CV to: email@example.com
Must be BC/BE. Must possess or have the ability to obtain a Pennsylvania medical license.